Saturday, October 8, 2011

Georgia Holds On To Beat Tennessee 20-12

RB Isaiah Crowell
It was a great day for the Dawgs as they get head coach Mark Richt's 100th career win. Freshman RB Isaiah Crowell was a big part of it as he rushed for 58 yards on 19 attempts with 2 touchdowns. QB Aaron Murray went 15/25 for 227 yards but no touchdown passes. WR Malcolm Mitchell had a huge game with 3 catches for 126 yards. He sustained a strained hamstring injury in the 2nd half. He's expected to be ok but coaches kept him out for most of the 2nd half to let him rest for next week's game. Our defense played without LB Cornelius Washington as he was charged for a DUI earlier this week. Tennessee was picking apart our defense even when Volunteers QB Tyler Bray was injured in the 4th quarter as backup QB Matt Simms entered the game. I don't see anything we really have to improve on on offense but we have to work on our passing defense. I've been really excited about Isaiah Crowell since he committed to Georgia in the spring as the #1 recruited RB in the country. He's been fun to watch and I don't think the Tennessee game will be his only 2  touchdown game. I think QB Aaron Murray will continue to progress and be one of the best QBs in Georgia history. WRs Malcolm Mitchell, Tavarres King, and TE Orson Charles will come up big for us for the rest of the season. They are all huge playmakers for the Bulldogs and players that Murray can get the ball to at the right place and time. After an 0-2 start to the season, I said we will go undefeated for the rest of the season and I'm going to keep my word on that. Georgia plays a weak Vanderbilt team next week and I don't think we should have any problems with them. I think Georgia will put the whole country on notice soon and I expect a great October out of Georgia. So until then, GO DAWGS!!!-Yuriy

No comments:

Post a Comment